Elite Sitters are a special selection of Bambino Sitters. These Sitters have the highest Sitter Stats, are most active on the app, and are all background checked yearly. Meet Elite Sitter Eileen!
How long have you been a babysitter and why did you start?
I have been a childcare provider for 19 years and started as a teaching assistant while studying to become an elementary education teacher. I found my passion for teaching infants, toddlers, and preschoolers and have since gained certifications in childcare facilities and CPR/AED. I work as a full-time nanny, providing educational experiences using a play-based and Montessori method, and also offer additional services such as tutoring, homemaking, and pet sitting.
What is your favorite thing about babysitting?
My favorite thing about being a nanny is having a flexible schedule with fast pay at a reasonable rate for both the families and myself. I really enjoy getting to know the children on a one-on-one basis and learning more about their lives both in school and at home. I love helping the parents with keeping the house tidy, running errands, and pet sitting.
What advice do you have for a Bambino sitter?
1. Prior to the sit, confirm if you can arrive earlier, confirm bedtime/ house routines, confirm any medical needs or food allergies, and confirm emergency contact information, including a neighbor or friend they trust.
2. Always stay in touch with your parents about the children’s progress through the sit.
3. Keep the house tidy and have the children help clean up their rooms.
4. Take care of their pets like family members.
5. Most of all have fun! Create fun memories and experiences, especially during the holidays and vacations. Bring a game, craft, or activities age appropriate for the children in your bag. Ask the parents for permission to go on a walk or visit a place close to home. Children love to explore and learn through play.
6. Stay up to date on early childhood education training and certifications! Most classes can be done online and test sites are local to your city. You always learn something new.
7. Create a portfolio of your resume, references, experience, and certificates to share with your parents.
What do you think is most unique about Bambino?
The unique thing about Bambino is that it allows me to connect with local families without the need to research and built a clientele baseline. Parents have the option to choose me and request a sit. I get to choose my own rate based on my qualifications and experience and I get the option to say when I am available or need time off. After so many sits, I received a free background check, which has increased my qualification. I also was encouraged to become a Bambino Elite Sitter because of my ratings and references. This helped me see how successful I have become and makes me want to continue working for Bambino. I love the milestone emails I get as I go along!
If you could watch one kids’ movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What do you do outside of childcare?
I enjoy hiking and nature walks, going to Greenhouse Church service on Sunday, and sensory play. I also enjoy spending time with my family, nieces and nephews, and taking Sparkles out to the dog park.
Find a great Gainesville babysitter like Eileen on Bambino. Click here to download Bambino and find vetted Sitters in your neighborhood.