Hiring a babysitter for your children can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. Interviews and quick meet-ups prior to the sit are a great way to ensure Parents and Sitters are on the same page with house rules and expectations. We’ve gathered a few key interview questions for you to ask your Sitter to get to know them a little better beyond their Bambino profile.
- How long have you worked in childcare, and what is your experience?
- What is your hourly rate and availability? *Pro-tip! The Bambino babysitting app shows you a sitter’s availability and rate, so there is no need to negotiate rates and dates/times!
- What age group do you have the most experience working with?
- How do you handle emergencies? Are you CPR and first-aid certified?
- What is your experience with preparing basic meals and/or bottles?
- Are you comfortable cleaning up after children and conducting basic housekeeping chores?
- Do you have any references I may contact? *Pro-tip: Using an app like Bambino allows you access to a sitter’s references and recommendations!
- How do you handle food allergies or specific dietary needs?
- How do you handle screen time?
- How do you adjust to the different behaviors of various children?
- How do you effectively communicate with parents and children?
- How do you respond to upset children and/or tantrums?
- Describe some of your best babysitting techniques.
- What is your favorite activity to do with children?
- What personal qualities of yours make you a good babysitter?
- What is your secret to successful babysitting?
An interview is also a good time to clarify your family’s specific needs and requirements. Make sure also to allow your sitter ample time to think about and thoroughly answer these questions so that they feel comfortable and confident, too.